Ethex is able to take investments from overseas investors resident in some but not all countries.
We explain here what is possible and why we have to impose restrictions.
The three reasons why we may not be able to take investment from you if you are based overseas are:
- Certain investments such as ISAs are not open to overseas investors. We are working on stating this clearly on each product page, but if the information is not yet available on the website, we will be able to advise you directly when you contact us or place an order.
- We are legally required to undertake checks to verify the identity of all our customers. For UK residents, we can do this electronically. For foreign residents, we will need to see a copy of your passport and proof of address. However even then we cannot check adequately check identity for all countries. A full list of eligible countries and the details we require are given below.
- Certain countries may impose restrictions on the ability of their nationals to invest overseas and consent may be required or taxes due locally. For example, the USA may impose legal restrictions on you as an investor when investing overseas and may also impose reporting requirements on Ethex. As we cannot be familiar with the legislation in every country, when you choose to make a decision to invest from outside the UK we need to make it clear to you that it is your responsibility to be aware of any restrictions your country of residence may impose, and that Ethex cannot be liable for them.
Below are the countries of residence for which we can accept investment.
If you are a UK resident living abroad, you will need to be living in one of the following countries for us to take investment from you. If you are a resident of one of the eligible countries but not living in that country, you need to be living in an eligible country.
- UK and the channel islands
- All European Union member countries
- New Zealand
If you are not based in one of the eligible countries, we may still be able to take investment from you but we cannot guarantee this. Please contact us.
What you will need to send us
If you are resident in one of the eligible countries listed above, you will need to scan and email us:
- The copy of the page of your passport with your full details on;
- Proof of address in the form of a statement from a bank, building society investment account or insurance company dated within the last 3 months
If you need further help, please contact us
The Ethex team are here to help from 9am to 5pm
01865 403 304