Exchange is a 250 capacity events space, offering an adventurous and diverse program up to seven nights a week. The venue supports emerging musical talent to explore and grow, as well as hosting shows for more established artists to share Bristol music culture to residents of Bristol and beyond.
Exchange is also home to various musical and creative residents - These include a Record Shop, Recording Studio and Offices for Local Promoters and Record Labels. These are a vital part of the music industry infrastructure in Bristol, with Exchange enabling exceelent syergies between artists, promoters, record labels and studios all being in one place.
- Specialist Subject Records - record label and shop located on the first floor of Exchange selling punk rock, indie and hardcore vinyl, books, zines, CDs and cassette tapes.
- Joe's Garage Recording Studios - Joe's Garage is a recording studio located in the basement of Exchange. They specialise in capturing exciting, vibey live performances with varying (or no) degrees of separation for live 'band in a room' sounds or more Hi-Fi results.
- Deadpunk Promotions - Deadpunk Promotions operate out of the offices above Exchange as well as programming events at Exchange and other venues across Bristol.
- Invisible Llama - Bristol's most exciting new promoters and record label, booking shows and releasing music by Bristol's best up and coming bands. Founders of the now fabled Exchange Bar Sessions, their live shows have quickly developed a cult following.
- Environmental Studies - is a imprint that cultivates non commercial music's with unprecedented freedom in it's repertoire.
- Active Distributon - A mailorder for all things anarchist since 1989. It's recently been handed on to a new non-profit making collective and is now housed upstairs at the Exchange. Books, pamphlets, stickers and badges.