How your investment works in practice
Low Carbon Hub is opening up this round of the Community Energy Fund for investment until 31 March 2021.
• You can invest from £100 to a maximum of £100,000
• You start earning interest from the day your application for shares is formally accepted by the Board of Low Carbon Hub, this will most likely be in April 2021.
• Interest is calculated at the end of each financial year based on the performance of energy projects funded during that year.
• Interest is paid out to investors after the end of each financial year – this can be several months after year end.
• The full target interest rate of 5% is earned after the fourth anniversary of investment – to reward long-term commitment, investment held in the Community Energy Fund for more than four years will be eligible to receive the full target interest rate. For the first four years of investment the target interest rate is 4%.
• You are eligible to apply to withdraw equity following the fourth anniversary of your investment. Athough they cannot guarantee to fulfil all request, they commit to making funding available to facilitate some requests.