How your investment works in practice
Low Carbon Hub is opening up the Community Energy Fund for investment until 10 June 2020.
• You can invest from £250 to a maximum of £100,000
• You start earning interest from the day your application for shares is formally accepted by the Board of Low Carbon Hub, this will most likely be in July 2020.
• Interest is calculated at the end of each financial year based on the performance of energy projects funded during that year.
• Interest is paid out to investors after the end of each financial year – this can be several months after year end.
• The full target interest rate of 5% is earned after the fourth anniversary of investment – to reward long-term commitment, investment held in the Community Energy Fund for more than four years will be eligible to receive the full target interest rate. For the first four years of investment the target interest rate is 4%.
• You are eligible to apply to withdraw your equity following the fourth anniversary of your investment.