People are Get Cycling's main resource. Get Cycling may face risks to operations and therefore to revenue can arise related to staff management, loss of key staff, having too few or too many staff, etc
- The staff transferring are not beginners. They are experienced and highly skilled professionals who work together as a cohesive team and get on with each other extremely well. They also share the charitable, public service ethos of what Get Cycling does.
- York has very low unemployment rates and high housing costs. Get Cycling has ensured that staff are paid at a level which matches, or is as close as possible to salary levels for similar roles in other York workplaces. They do not anticipate that the staff transferring will wish to leave the jobs they enjoy. They are fully informed of developments and strongly support the creation of the CBC. They will transfer under normal TUPE rules.
- Get Cycling must guard against having too few staff such that they struggle to meet their obligations, causing stress and unhappiness amongst staff.
- As in any organisation, unexpectedly difficult trading circumstances can lead to staffing levels being cut if absolutely necessary.
- The engagement of an experienced general manager or CEO will be pivotal in avoiding the above issues related to demand and human resources.