- This investment is not suitable for those who require a guaranteed income or ready access to capital.
- Interest payments are not guaranteed.
- Descriptions of possible returns are illustrative only. There are variable and uncertain factors associated with any energy project.
- The investment is for a minimum period of at least four years and there is no guaranteed access to your capital after this period.
- If the Society lacks sufficient cash then it may not be possible to withdraw your Shares. Withdrawal of share capital is entirely at the discretion of the Directors, and investors may not be able to withdraw their capital promptly in the event that projects fail.
- Shares in the Low Carbon Hub IPS Limited are unquoted securities and may be considered to be riskier than quoted securities and shares. If the Society is unable to meet its debts and other liabilities, you could lose up to the whole amount held in Shares (but no more than that amount).
- Shareholders have no entitlement to receive a share in any surplus of the Society's assets on dissolution following the repayment to members of the nominal value attributable to their Shares because the Society has a statutory asset lock in its Rules.
Low Carbon Hub have set a target interest rate based on its assumptions about the income earned from the projects it supports with the invested capital. Low Carbon Hub's ability to pay out the interest rate depends on the level of investment in the Fund, the surplus generated by the projects directly funded by the Fund and the overall financial health of the Low Carbon Hub IPS Limited.
Low Carbon Hub will take the following steps to mitigate the risk to it being able to pay the target interest rate:
- Monitor the level of equity in the Fund to avoid over-capitalisation and return excess capital if necessary
- When the Fund was in its early years, Low Carbon Hub only invested in projects that had a scheduled delivery date or were already completed.
The financial performance projections set out in this profile and the share offer document are based on assumptions which the Low Carbon Hub IPS Limited considers reasonable but are subject to variation and are not guaranteed. Investors may receive lower returns than those projected.