Help for Investors
- What is Ethex?
- Our positive savings and investment products
- Do you need advice?
- Investors' FAQs
- How much should I invest positively?
- How do I build a balanced portfolio?
- How do I buy or sell on the secondary market?
- Transaction charges and pricing
- Can I invest if I live outside the UK?
- Can I invest on behalf of my children or grandchildren?
- Are there any tax benefits of positive investment?
- What is risk?
- What is AER?
- What is IRR?
- What due diligence do Ethex do on offers?
- Are my investments covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?
- What are financial performance indicators?
- How do you measure social and environmental performance?
- Can you tell me about how a business is managed?
- How do I find out how my investment is doing?
- What is an anti-money laundering check and why do you need to see my ID?
- What’s a minimum target?
- What’s a maximum target?
- What happens if the offer or bond is oversubscribed?
- Can I cancel my investment?
- When will I receive my share/bond certificate?
- If I die what happens to my shares/bonds?
- Are you regulated by the FCA?
- Is my data private?
- What is your complaints procedure?
- Ethex IFISA FAQs
- There is no charge for making an investment into a primary market product.
- There are charges for buying and selling on the secondary market.
Secondary Market fees: Buying and selling transferable shares and bonds
There are transaction costs for the secondary market because the process is more complex than for other types of investments. Charges are set at a level designed to recover the cost to us of carrying out the transaction, and no more. There may also be statutory fees to pay if you are buying.
Charges for buying and selling transferable shares and bonds are set out below. You can also view charges to purchase a product buy going to the Product Details page and looking under the 'Fees payable to purchase this product' section.
Ethex charges an adminstration fee of £20 per transaction. Note - Fees are charged on a per-transaction basis, so please keep in mind that if you are selling to, or purchasing from, more than one counterparty you will be charged our administration fee on each.
Selling: As an example, a sale of 10,000 shares at £1 will yield £9,980, calculated as the share purchase price less the £20 Ethex Adminstration Fee.
Buying: Investments of more than £1,000 will incur stamp duty of 0.5%, rounded up to the nearest £5. A purchase of 10,000 shares at £1 will cost £10,070, made up of the share purchase price plus £20 Ethex Adminstration fee and £50 Stamp Duty.
Ethex also charges the businesses it features for its services. To find out more about charges to buisnesses, please call the Ethex Helpdesk on 01865 403304 and request to talk to the Buisness Development team.
The Ethex team are here to help from 9am to 5pm
01865 403 304