Ethex is currently recruiting for the following position. Deadline: Monday 10th July
Full time, permanent position, £19,000 - £22,000.
This role lies at the very heart of Ethex, instrumental in ensuring that the ever-growing number of customers interested in joining the ‘Positive Investing Movement’, receive great service when they choose to make their money do good via the Ethex online platform. Acting as a customer services champion within our small, friendly and exceptionally committed organisation, you will play a critical role in: supporting our highly engaged new and existing investor network to save and invest positively; and in addition making sure our straightforward order management process is well maintained.
We are fortunate to work with some great social enterprise, charities and organisations and this role will also help provide valuable co-operative management services to Westmill Solar Co-operative – the UK’s first co-operatively run, community owned solar farm. You’ll need to provide its 1500 strong members – all of which are passionate about renewable energy with great communication and customer support.
Ethex brings together on one platform the best positive savings and investment opportunities to make it easy to make money do good. We are a leading innovator in the field of #makemoneydogood and this role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to be part of an organisation at the cutting edge of developing a mass retail market in positive investing.
On our platform, you can browse, compare and invest in a range of products from bank accounts and ISAs to equity investments and charity bonds that offer a social and environmental as well as a financial return.
Through Ethex, individuals can invest and save with businesses they believe in – whether it’s renewable energy, fair trade, social housing, organic farming, green transport, or micro-finance schemes – and these positive businesses can then find the investment they need to develop and grow. We want everyone to invest and save in a way that brings benefit to society and finances a more sustainable world. That's what we call positive investing.
Since 2013, multi-award winning Ethex has helped raise over £50 million of investment for 55+ charities, social businesses and community organisations, from over 10,000 positive savers and investors.
- Acting as the first point of contact for Ethex customers and answering helpdesk enquiries in a timely and solutions-focussed manner
- Ensuring 100% customer satisfaction and building loyalty to the Ethex business through the development of your own knowledge on Ethex products or knowing who to refer people to
- Ensuring regular and appropriate communications to all investors throughout the account opening and ordering process by implementing our planned order and account handling customers communications.
Strong order management
- To maintain and run our order systems to ensure that all individual orders are appropriately handled from placement to completion for both primary share and bond offers in a timely and accurate fashion.
- To oversee secondary market orders for all transferable share and bond products, including executing matched transactions in a timely and accurate fashion, and ensuring investors have access to up-to-date information on our website
- To ensure data integrity of all personal customer information and order data including ensuring customers have passed anti-money laundering and identity checks.
Westmill Solar Co-operative management support
- Acting as the first point of contact for enquiries from anyone interested in Westmill Solar Co-operative and what it has achieved / is achieving
- Ensuring Westmill Solar members are engaged and kept-up-to-date on what is happening for the Co-operative via the website and quarterly newsletters
- Supporting our Senior Operations Manager on other management support activities including event support around the co-operative’s Annual General Meeting.
The role may also include administration support to the Chief Operating Officer and administration of the office on a day-to-day basis.
What we are looking for in a successful candidate:
- Good relationship building skills and strong ability to consider service offering from the perspective of the customer
- An excellent communicator both verbal and written.
- High levels of professionalism for dealing with investors and working within a regulatory environment
- High levels of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information
- Highly organised and good attention to detail
- Strong numeracy skills and ICT skills including excel spreadsheet fluency
- A team player but also someone who can work independently and be self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Understanding of the need for flexibility and adaptability in a small dynamic entrepreneurial social enterprise
Desirable to this role but not essential if the above qualities can be demonstrated:
- A track-record in providing operational support administration.
- Knowledge of, or enthusiasm to learn more about, financial investments to make money do good
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity to be at the heart of supporting individuals wanting to Make Money Do Good.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. CV’s should be no more than 2 pages. Your covering letter should address the following key points:
- Why do you want to work for Ethex in the Positive Investment sector?
- What you will bring to this role?
- How you meet the person specification?
The deadline for application is midday on Monday 10th July with interviews taking place on Wednesday 12th July / Thursday 13th July at The Old Music Hall, 106-108 Cowley Road, Oxford, OX4 1JE.
www.ethex.org.uk | 01865 403304 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ethex team are here to help from 9am to 5pm
01865 403 304