Our policies, terms and conditions
Below is our our privacy and data protection policy:
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 9th October 2012.
1. Collecting Information
We may collect your personal information, such as your name and your contact details including your email address, and other information relevant to our services. This information will only be collected when you choose to supply us with the information.
Should you choose to place an order for an investment product with us, we will require further details such as your address and date of birth (becoming a 'Registered User' of our site). This is so that we can verify your identity as required of us by law under the Money Laundering Regulations.
2. Use of Personal Information
The personal information about you that we collect will only be used:
- To provide you with our newsletter (only if you have indicated you wish to receive this)
- To contact you from time to time with information about our new services and features on the website.
And if you are a Registered User:
- To undertake anti-money laundering checks as required by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs under the Money Laundering Regulations
- To track the progress of your order
- If you have placed an order to buy or sell transferable shares, to keep you updated on changes in orders or prices asked or offered
- To provide to the businesses featured on Ethex in which you have chosen to make investments in order for them to communicate with you regarding your investments in that business.
- To check that your Registered User details are still up-to-date if you have not used the site for a significant period of time
- To monitor and improve our website and our services
- To plan and manage Ethex business activities
- To prevent and detect fraud or abuses of our website
- To allow us to comply with any requirements imposed on Ethex by law or court order.
The information you supply us with when you place an order to make an investment in a business is jointly controlled by Ethex and the relevant business. Once you have made an investment in a business using our order system, the business may provide us with information about that order. This is solely so that Ethex can execute your order efficiently, or can add it to your personal portfolio.
To be able to track your order and maintain an accurate record of all the investments you have made through Ethex, the data on each of your individual investments is jointly controlled by Ethex and the relevant member business. This means that both Ethex and the relevant member business can use the data to process and track your investment. For example, Ethex could use this data to create a portfolio for you on the website.
We may employ the services of a third party to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting and market research. In some cases that third party may receive your information, but we will control and be responsible for the use of your information.
3. Withdrawing your consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent from receiving communications from us please contact us. However, please note that we may not be able to fulfil an order from you if we cannot communicate with you.
4. Data Security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Please contact us if you require more information on these procedures.
Your information will be kept as securely as possible and it will only be kept for as long as is reasonably necessary, unless you have provided us with your consent to use the data for any additional purposes.
We must, however, advise our users that data transmission over the internet and the World Wide Web cannot always be guaranteed as 100% secure. The internet is a global network and therefore there are cases where your data travels internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. Please use the internet at your own risk.
5. Electronic Communication
When you send emails or other communications to Ethex, we may retain those communications in order to process your enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
The Old Music Hall
106-108 Cowley Road
Telephone: +44 (0)1865 403304
The Ethex team are here to help from 9am to 5pm
01865 403 304