Thera's Trust's vision is that people with a learning disability can be leaders in society. Thera believes that they are the only large provider organisation in the country that employs paid directors with a learning disability.
Thera provides staff support and specialist services to enable them to engage fully in society and have personal control and choice in their lives as equal citizens in their local community.
Most of the work that Thera undertakes is delivered under contracts with 80 local authorities across England and Scotland which account for 99% of the Charity's income. Thera has a long standing relationship with many of their local authority customers.
Some key statistics from Thera's work so far, Thera:
- 3,000 people supported with complex support needs to live a fulfilling life
- 13 paid leaders with a learning disability, 4 of Thera's leaders celebrated 10 years in post
- 7 voluntary directors with a learning difficulty
- 165 people with a learning disability gained paid employment and sustained their job for at least 6 months
- 10 companies implementing fully inclusive company membership scheme
- 55 people completed accredited qualifications or awards
- 186 people completed fixed-term work placements
- 26 staff with a learning disability still successfully employed in The Quality Company