KPSI 2 - Providing accelerator programmes for start-ups with a positive social impact
BGV’s accelerator programme
BGV is well known for its accelerator programme, the first in Europe to focus exclusively on tech for good. Since 2012 it has run 15 cohorts of the programme which combines a rigorous selection process with investment, connections and intensive mentoring and support.
The accelerator has been designed to provide early stage companies with everything they need to rapidly develop, test and launch their business. It comprises of:
• Investment: £20,000 in exchange for 6% equity
• Learning: a tailored programme of workshops and talks
• Office hours: weekly meetings with the BGV team to keep startups on track
• Peer support: valuable support from other startups and from 200+ founders
• Mentoring: regular connections with BGV's community of 90+ mentors and advisors
• Investor and industry connections: introductions and one-to one meetings
• Coworking space: a creative working environment
• Demo Day: a public event at the end of the programme to celebrate progress and attract further support.
After the accelerator programme each company will receive life-long advice and support through BGV's regular alumni workshops and events. In addition, each company is assigned two BGV investment staff, who regularly monitor progress and further needs. They will identify mentors in BGV's network to help with specific technical or commercial requirements, and make connections within the company's co-investor network to identify sources of further investment.
BGV has a wide network of mentors who generously contribute their time to help our companies succeed. It has 90+ active mentors spanning technology, investment, legal, accounting, design, marketing and communications. The mentor network includes serial entrepreneurs, social impact specialists, industry experts and well-networked connectors.